Saturday, November 20, 2010

In your normal day here at school, explain a time where you have seen the use of positive reinforcement and one of negative reinforcement.

In a normal school day, I see positive reinforcement when teachers hand back good grades.  The teachers are giving out good grades to the student as a result from the student knowing the information and studying.  This has had a large impact on me because I always want to do my best to receive good grades.  Therefore, I always make sure I have time to study so after I take a test and receive my grade, the teacher is giving me a good grade.  I have been conditioned to study and receive good grades.  Negative reinforcement occurs in school when teachers give students detention.  Even though the teacher is giving the student something, it is generally taking away time.  The student loses time by having to attend detention.  Detention has had an impact on me because I know all of the actions required to receive a detention.  Therefore, I have never and will never perform these actions because I know that I do not want to receive a detention to take away my time.
~~Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment